Current Employment Opportunities:
- Preschool Teacher
- Teacher’s Aide
- Executive Director
All employees must have the following
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Completed training in Universal Precautions and Medication Administration
- Minimum of 12 credits in Early Childhood Education (Teacher’s Aide)
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (Assistant Teacher)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (Lead Teacher)
Teaching Candidates interested in employment may reach us by:
OR access our application form: Employment Application Form
Executive Director Candidates please email your cover letter & resume to Board President Lisa Peters Lisa@peterspagosa.com
The Executive Director is responsible for providing leadership and integrity in the operations of Seeds of Learning Early Care and Education Center. They manage all aspects of the program including fiscal components, staff management, educational programming, fundraising and will serve as a model for family support through family-centered practices. The Executive Director will follow or implement policies and procedures that are consistent with the program mission, goals and expected child outcomes. They will be an effective communicator both orally and in writing and will be able to effectively utilize computer technology in their work.
Reports directly to the Seeds of Learning Board of Directors and acts as a liaison between the Board and the staff in developing goals and policies for the Center.
Must meet the Director qualifications for a Large Child Care Center in education and experience as outlined by the Colorado Office of Early Childhood. Supervisory and budget management experience preferred as well as knowledge of public policy as it pertains to early child education. Executive Director needs a strong foundation in the fundamentals of child development and early childhood education to guide the instructional practices of teachers and support staff.
Public Policy and Fiscal Management
- Oversees administration and evaluation of USDA/Food Program, Childcare Assistance Program through Human Services, and Parent accounts.
- Oversee compliance with the Colorado Department of Human Services, Health Department, IRS and other licensing and governing agencies as well as corporate policies of Seeds of Learning.
- Oversees compliance of child custody, child abuse, special education, confidentiality, anti-discrimination, insurance liability, and labor laws pertaining to program management.
- Evaluate ethical and moral dilemmas based on the NAEYC professional code of ethics.
- Oversees the financial management of Seeds of Learning including preparation of an annual budget, accounts receivable/payable, monthly financial statements and an annual audit.
- Researches availability of as well as applies for grants.
- Administers a salary scale that reflects education, experience, and level of performance.
Staff Management and Human Relations
- Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring/firing of staff.
- Manage and evaluate the job performance of the Program Director, Executive Administrative Assistant and the Fund Development Manager.
- Insures the adherence of agency personnel policies and practices.
- Monitor and update the staffing plan to reflect enrollment patterns.
- Provides an atmosphere that is supportive of a high-quality work environment for staff.
- Step in as Program Director when needed.
Program Operations and Facilities Management
- Oversees the Program Director in managing the educational program operations and facilities management.
- The ability to evaluate program effectiveness.
Family Support & Advocacy
- Establish a positive rapport with parents which fosters mutual trust and respect through education, counseling, and effective communication.
- Facilitate an Incredible Years parenting class to parents and the local community at least once a year.
- Oversees parent involvement activities as managed by the Program Director including, but not limited to input on curriculum planning, parent meetings.
- The ability to advocate on behalf of young children, their families, and the ECE profession.
- Oversee prompt and appropriate reporting of suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Oversees fundraising and public relations activities as performed by the Fund Development Manager.
- Foster a prominent public image in the community by communicating the program’s philosophy and promote a positive image to parents, business leaders, public officials, and prospective funders while building strong relationships.
- Promote collaboration with the local schools.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer) and a general understanding of QuickBooks.
- Capability to learn computer software program for childcare center security and tracking.
This is a full time position with benefits including:
· Family Medical Leave
· Holiday Pay
· Vacation Pay
· Sick/Personal Pay
· Health Insurance Assistance pay of $200/month
Links to Community Info:
· Pagosa Tourism Page (best representation of our community) https://visitpagosasprings.com
· Pagosa Chamber: https://pagosachamber.com/
· Pagosa Public Schools: https://www.mypagosaschools.com/
· Pagosa Springs Medical Center: https://pagosaspringsmedicalcenter.org/
· Real Estate: https://crenmls.com/